- No cost to the facility
- Simple procedure so no additional work for staff
- Delivered right to the facility prior to discharge
- No contractual agreement between pharmacy and facility
- Most major insurances accepted
- Get more referrals from hospitals because you have a comprehensive discharge plan
- Communication back to facility if a resident needs attention post-discharge
Reduce your Re-Admission Rate!
Medication non-adherence is currently a huge problem, with an average of only 50-60% of patients taking medications as prescribed.
The average preventable hospital re-admission rate is currently 23% within 30 days of discharge, with a staggering 45% re-admission rate within 90 days of discharge. Continued Care Pharmacy (CCP) has been able to lower this rate to 2.4% within the first 30 days, and 3.7% within 90 days of discharge.